29 July 2015

"What is it, Doctor?"

"Aaah, have you guys heard about this new Doctor Whooo blog, mmm?"

Peoples of the Universe, please attend carefully. Oh no, I’m not starting like that.
Greetings fellow Time Lords. No, that sounds far too ridiculous.
Yo, Yo, Yo, Whovian posse. Mmm, not sure about that one either.
Hi. Welcome to a new Doctor Who blog. I feel like I’m talking to people across time because blogs are funny things where something you post today might be read by different people every day for ages. It’s like time travelling in a way or perhaps time typing. So hello to the future as well.
Anyone who knows me will know I’ve been travelling with the Doctor forever. They will also know that there will be a minimum of phrases like that in this blog! Instead there will be humour, comments on Doctor Who related developments, incisive articles (they’ll all be written by other people), archive stuff from my old fanzines, reviews of new episodes and the proverbial lots more. The blog will cover all eras of the series from those early black and white 1960s days right up to the latest episodes starring Peter Capaldi.
Warning! There will be criticism, forthright views and mild peril. And Fun. So see sense man and make sure you’ve engaged the HADS before you read this blog. And I’ve never heard a truer word said. Gadget, Gadget.
If this sounds like your cup of tea then welcome to the tea party. 
"Oh look- there it is, my Daleks"

No comments:

Post a Comment